Saturday, May 12, 2007

What a day...

Funny how one minute everything can be fine and smooth sailing and then in a flash your swept up in a Drama....

Today I took the kiddies to visit my Stepfather....a weekly family ritual. My Mother is out of town working (She's a Nurse Practitioner and does Northern Nursing...IE: She's up in the Arctic...) but even so I keep it up. He gets lonely and I know he enjoys our visits. Today went a little differently though...
We had only been there about an hour and I was trying to put the baby down for his nap when my stepfather barged into the guestroom to inform me that he wanted us OUT! To get Gone! Seems he was upset that DS (5 years old) had ripped a flower out of the garden and thrown a plastic water bottle into the street...(basically because DS was misbehaving... ) So he wanted us to leave and told me to call DH pronto...

I tried to get to the bottom of what was going on but he was just ranting that he wanted us gone now, etc...so I put the kids jackets on, grabbed the diaper bag & my purse and headed out to the bus stop (take note that my mother lives in the South Shore (The Burbs) a 2 1/2 by bus commute from my home...versus a 20 minute drive) Luckily DH was still in the area looking at house lots, etc...and came and got us...My Mother is Livid by the whole situation and is really pulling all the cards on this one. ...and I'm well...not really angry...just shocked really.

One thing is clear though...I absolutely must start studying for my driver's license, This is ridiculous! For those of you who don't know this about me I'm 26 years old and I still don't have my Driver's permit nor license. I just never felt the need to go do it when I was a teen because everything was within walking/bus distance. Later on I was involved in a car accident and for a year straight I had dreams of crashing a car...which I took to mean I should stay as far away from driving as possible. When that year ended though coincidentally two "old" friends (who were always in the dream) died in a car crash...so maybe the dream was not meant for me...

Flash forward to being busy with babies and school and I've taken the term PROCRASTINATION to the next level on that one! I don't think there's a week that doesn't go by that I don't curse to myself that I need to get on with it and do this. So that being said where did I put that book...hmmm. ;)


Totally unrelated...I've been mad busy creating all types of stuff...from LO's to altered canvases to wedding invites and will be uploading them real soon! I'm really having a blast but it also means I'm not really sleeping that much if at all....

Talk to you.

0 comments: